Umergency Keeps Students Safe and Prepared on Campus
The invariable questions we get as we prepare college lists are, “How safe is the campus?” “What measures does the college have to assure student safety?” Although we also discuss social media safety, https://college-connections.com/many-social-channels-smart-safe/ knowing that your child is safe while at college surpasses all. Umergency does just that and keeps students safe and prepared on campus.
Staying safe and being prepared for any campus emergency has become the number one concern among college students and their families.
Smartphone apps are a terrific way for students to stay safe and connected, as parents eagerly want to be more involved in their children’s safety.
Free for college students in the U.S., Umergency™ is the all-in-one college safety app built with both parents and students in mind.
Available for download in the App Store and Google Play, Umergency provides a variety of accessible on- and off-campus resources including an:
- Urgent Alert beacon with the student’s GPS location that notifies trusted contacts when immediate help is needed.
- “I am safe” function that alerts contacts when a student is okay.
- Digital medical consent form, granting families the ability to speak with medical professionals.
- Insurance card upload and share function.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 4 million college-aged individuals end up in the emergency room each year because of:
- Car accidents
- Medical illness
- Accidental injuries
- Sexual assaults
- Alcohol poisonings
- Drug overdoses
With today’s heightened state of anxiety, knowing the security of your loved ones is essential.
Thousands of college students and their families already are using the Umergency app, which provides all the necessary tools to help navigate through any emergency, health or safety situation.
Additional features the Umergency app provides:
- Pre-populated local and on-campus emergency resource contacts customized to each college or university, including police, fire, ER, and urgent care personnel, health centers, psychological and other after-hours services hotlines.
- Built-in access to three of the most used national crisis hotlines, including suicide, sexual assault and poison control.
- Access to data by both students and parents.
- Ability for students to decide what to share and with whom.
- Privacy protected data and information.
Umergency is free for college students in the U.S. Parents, family members and other non-student users can subscribe for only $9.99/year or $19.99 for lifetime access.
Learn more about the app by visiting http://www.umergencyapp.com. Download in the App Store and Google Play.